Pitch Perfect 3 is coming – here’s what we know! (starting at 14:52)
Here’s everything that director Trish Sie (who replaced Elizabeth Banks) and star Chrissie Fit (she plays bass Flo) revealed about new movie:
- It’s being edited now
- They finished shooting in April and are currently editing the film. Sie said recently “It’s almost done. It’s great.” The film release date has been pushed from July to December.
- The big stars are still in it
- The main Pitches are back: Anna Kendrick (Beca), Hailee Steinfeld (Emily), Brittany Snow (Chloe), Anna Camp (Aubrey) and Rebel Wilson (Fat Amy) return.
- There are new characters, too
- Orange is the New Black star Ruby Rose makes her Pitch Perfect debut, “and she has a great voice,” says Fit.
- We’ll learn more about Fat Amy
- Why did Fat Amy give herself that nickname? That’s probably something viewers will find out in this movie, which shows “a little bit of Fay Amy’s origin story,” Sie says.
- The Barden Bellas aren’t at Barden anymore
- “They’re out in the real world,” says Sie. “They go on a USO tour,” likely to support the troops, “and do not stay in the United States. We go all over the place.”
- It has songs that aren’t on the radio yet
- “Whatever makes me wanna dance, that’s what I go with,” says Sie. She jokes that she and her music team used their “crystal ball” to pick pop songs for the movie that aren’t yet on the airplay charts.
- There’s still room for Pitch Perfect 4
- “I feel like there’s always going to be room for Pitch Perfect movies as long as people see them,” says Fit. “We’ve become a family, we all love each other.”
Want to hear more? Listen to Murphy Sam and Jodi: On Demand
When you subscribe to our podcast in iTunes or Google Play store, you get exclusive stuff you won’t hear on the show!
And while you’re at it… be sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.