Pitch Perfect 3 is coming – here’s what we know! (starting at 14:52)
Here’s everything that director Trish Sie (who replaced Elizabeth Banks) and star Chrissie Fit (she plays bass Flo) revealed about new movie:
- It’s being edited now
- They finished shooting in April and are currently editing the film. Sie said recently “It’s almost done. It’s great.” The film release date has been pushed from July to December.
- The big stars are still in it
- The main Pitches are back: Anna Kendrick (Beca), Hailee Steinfeld (Emily), Brittany Snow (Chloe), Anna Camp (Aubrey) and Rebel Wilson (Fat Amy) return.
- There are new characters, too
- Orange is the New Black star Ruby Rose makes her Pitch Perfect debut, “and she has a great voice,” says Fit.
- We’ll learn more about Fat Amy
- Why did Fat Amy give herself that nickname? That’s probably something viewers will find out in this movie, which shows “a little bit of Fay Amy’s origin story,” Sie says.
- The Barden Bellas aren’t at Barden anymore
- “They’re out in the real world,” says Sie. “They go on a USO tour,” likely to support the troops, “and do not stay in the United States. We go all over the place.”
- It has songs that aren’t on the radio yet
- “Whatever makes me wanna dance, that’s what I go with,” says Sie. She jokes that she and her music team used their “crystal ball” to pick pop songs for the movie that aren’t yet on the airplay charts.
- There’s still room for Pitch Perfect 4
- “I feel like there’s always going to be room for Pitch Perfect movies as long as people see them,” says Fit. “We’ve become a family, we all love each other.”