1 lb ground beef
1 lb ground pork
(you can use whatever meat you like – even turkey)
1 can mild tomatoes with green chilis (I use Rotel)
1 can of tomato sauce (I use a big can, we like it saucy)
1 can of diced tomatoes (its good if you can find “Chili Ready” – but you can use just diced)
1-2 pkgs of chili seasoning
1 can corn, drained
1 can beans (kidney or black) drained
1 small onion
1 tablespoon of minced garlic
Saute the onion and garlic in a little olive oil until it starts getting soft. Add the meats and brown in the onion mixture. Drain it quickly to remove some of the fat – unless you like the flavor the fat adds!! You can leave it. Mix all ingredients together in a big pot and cover. Simmer on Low-Medium for at least 20 minutes – stirring often to make sure it doesn’t stick. I like to let it cook on Low for about 40 minutes. It is BETTER the next day (to me). So easy!
- 1 or 2 pre-made burgers
- bacon or bacon bits
- shredded cheddar
- chopped tomato, lettuce, pickle and onion
- large flour tortillas
- Cook the burgers to you preference and chop them up (so you can sprinkle on the cheese in the quesadilla).
- Melt butter in a large pan and heat a tortilla. As it starts to puff up flip the tortilla.
- Sprinkle cheedar on half the tortilla and top with burger and any of the other toppings you wish. Usually my kids just want the burger and cheese and I add all the other toppings for myself.
- Fold the tortilla over and cook on both sides…flipping as needed until the cheese melts and the tortilla is cooked to your preferred doneness.
- Slice it and serve with burger condiments for dipping: ketchup, mayo, mustard, etc
kathy winchesterNovember 15, 2022 at 10:57 am